Lesson Blog #13 - Miyama Jishi (御山獅子), pt. 1 & 2

A lot of crazy (but mostly good!) things have been happening in my life lately, so I'm sorry that there was a gap in lesson blogs again. Let me bring you up to speed... We finished out Iso Chidori and did an instrumental piece called Karaginuta (唐砧). I also did a small performance for the Japanese Gardens of Memphis tour at the Memphis Botanic Garden.

Today, we did our second lesson on Miyama Jishi (御山獅子). A link to the translation can be found on here. This one is the traditional tegotomono style. I am really enjoying this one thus far, even though parts of the piece are quite challenging. Last week, we played through just the maeuta, but this week we finished the whole thing. I feel more confident about this one than the last few singing pieces. I'll try to post the sheet music for this one soon.

I also hope to be able to share some exciting news with you soon. Please look for updates!


0 comments:

Post a Comment