Lesson Blog #16 - Miyama Jishi (御山獅子), pt. 5

This week was much more successful than the previous one. We focused on the tegoto and atouta of Miyama Jishi (御山獅子), and I was able to complete the song. It's certainly not presentation worthy, but for lesson purposes, it is complete. It's definitely one of those pieces that I would like to visit again in the future by myself because while it is difficult now, it may not be so hard as my skill improves.

To recap the lesson, I am happy to say that there were not really any points where I truly struggled. I am most pleased that I was able to do the tuning changes more swiftly. I am finally starting to be able to have the muscle memory for how far I need to turn the itomaki. I probably should have been able to do that better long ago though...

We will have a two week break in lessons because my sensei will be going out of town. Please check back then!


0 comments:

Post a Comment