Lesson blog #9 - Hatsune (初音), pt. 3 and Iso Chidori (磯千鳥)

Due to being on rest for about a month, I feel like the routine I have with practice has stagnated. Before the surgery, I usually practiced for about an hour, approximately 5 times per week. I have had difficulty getting myself to do that now. I think it's partially just being out of that rhythm, but it's also likely because my stamina is not what it was before the surgery.

So to the lesson itself... Not good in my personal opinion. Difficulty with both shamisen and singing, but mostly singing. It probably was all caused by the lack of practice. There wasn't anything in particular that I didn't understand - just lack of muscle memory and some issues with rhythm. Even though I feel that this lesson was very bad, my sensei decided to finish this piece (Hatsune) and move on to a new one - Iso Chidori (磯千鳥). The last few songs that we have done have been fairly happy or even celebratory in nature. Iso Chidori is definitely not that kind of piece. According to Komuso, the song is about a bride who has been betrayed (lyrics and translation here). It is often used as a memorial piece as well.

Sheet music (Iso Chidori)
(click on images to enlarge)


0 comments:

Post a Comment