Lesson Blog #17 - Samushiro (さむしろ / 狭筵)

 This week, we started a new piece - "Samushiro" (さむしろ / 狭筵). We were able to play through the maeuta and tegoto. I was surprised that we got that far as this is a quite lengthy piece. I found the first part to be quite easy in comparison to some of the other pieces we played lately. Though there were definitely some more challenging small aspects to the singing, for the most part everything made logical sense. The latter part of the tegoto was much trickier though, mostly because when there are a lot of high notes I struggle with that. The other challenging aspect of this piece is the amount of tuning changes. It starts out as a lowered ni-agari (C-G-C) and then moves to ichi-sagari (C-G-D). And finally to hon-choshi (D-G-D). I did feel more confident with my tuning changes this week; I was able to do them faster and more accurately than ever before. This should be good practice for me to continue improving!
Sheet music (Samushiro)
(click on images to enlarge)
 
 
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment